Wednesday 13 November 2013

First Impressions Of Blackout

My first impression of the play (Blackout) is that it is very upsetting, the life of the young boy (James is very sad, emotional and very tragic. The play had a very strong effect on me and made me feel sympathetic towards the character. The play is very detailed and not one one piece of information is missing - at no point during the play was I lost, I always seemed to understand what the character was thinking and feeling throughout. At first seeing the play I saw that the structure was very unusual and I thought that this might negatively impact on the play and how I would perceive it however I found myself drawn to read more and I was increasingly fascinated and intrigued by the play. The play used adjectives to describe constantly how the character was feeling and I thought that this was effective. Throughout the play there was an atmospehere filled with tension and suspense so when it said the word Imagine...I found I let my imagination lose control.

No comments:

Post a Comment